1.13.2009

Yammin'

I've been on a sweet potato kick lately, its so good in my curries, mashed with some butter, chilli sauce, salt and pepper, really, its good with anything spicy. Plus, they are really good for you, they are full of fiber, beta carotene/vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin B6. Me and my roommate Esther had the ubiquitous yam and sweet potatoes discussion the other night, and still I'm not 100% sure which is which.
While I unsure of their names doesn't mean I don't enjoy shoving three of these in my mouth at a time. My favourite method is making yam fries. I like them so much I cut up 4 of them (29 cents/pound) and flash freezed them in my fridge for later use.

1 cup of sweet potatoes/yams (cut into fries)
drizzle of olive oil
cumin
salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 375C. Give your pototo a good scrub and then lay them out on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, I have a hand pumped spray bottle, or you can cover the bottle of olive oil with your thumb and let it drip out slowly. Sprinkle cumin on fries, be generous, or not and then salt and freshly ground pepper.
Bake for about 30-45 minutes, I like to broil them for the last 3 minutes, they get nice and crunchy.

Frozen State:

No comments: