7.31.2010

Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)



They heard me singing and they told me to stop,
Quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock,
These days, my life, I feel it has no purpose,
But late at night the feelings swim to the surface.
Cause on the suburbs the city lights shine,
They’re calling at me, “come and find your kind.”

Sometimes I wonder if the world’s so small,
Then we can never get away from the sprawl,
Living in the sprawl,
Dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains,

And there’s no end in sight,
I need the darkness someone please cut the lights.

Speaking of malls, there's a documentary about them that I really want to see but I can't find it anywhere.

2 comments:

kavisolo said...

1. This is probs one of my favourite stand out tracks from the album. The link "I need the darkness/someone please cut the lights" is just hilarious to me. So good.

2. I have also been wanting to see this doc for a while. I read an awesome article once about the birth of the American mall, and how the guy that created it was so depressed over how Americans had bastardized what was meant to be a place of social interaction and intellectual thought - rather than an Arby's and Claire's...lol.

Unknown said...

Social interaction I can see, but how did he think it was going to be a place for intellectual thought? ha! Let's try to find the dvd and WATCH IT!